Parental Responsibility Requirements:
- All parents are responsible for
- providing curriculum,
- posting subjects,
- Grade School (Bible, Language
Arts, Mathematics, Social Science, Science, Fine Arts, Health,
- High School (View the link
to choose subjects.)
- collecting quarterly subject samples
- Grade School – Parents
keep in their own folder at home (honor system). ESA does not
plan to review this.
- High School – Parents
bring to quarterly Progress Report meetings.
- posting attendance (on-line),
- posting grades (on-line),
- posting immunizations (on-line),
- posting yearly testing for 4th grade students and above (on-line),
- posting at least 2 Portfolio Notations each
quarter in the portfolio (on-line).
All decisions relating to educational philosophy and methods, home
schooling style, selection of books, teaching material and curriculum,
grading and evaluations are the responsibility of the parents. As
it is the parents’ responsibility, the outcome of each student's
education rests on the parents and each student's efforts.
- All parents of students from grades four through twelve ought
to note the MANDATORY yearly testing.
Students will be expected to test at or near grade level. Parent/teachers
whose students are testing considerably lower than grade level will
be asked to journal daily and/or provide proof of learning disabilities.
The tests results will be needed for re-enrollment the following year.
- All parents shall ensure that one parent will be at home during
- All parents are required
- to be Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) members,
- to study the HSLDA website,
- to notify ESA of their family’s HSLDA number.
- All parents will complete all the steps noted on the Forms
and Fees page.
- All parents will notify the school when there is a transfer
to another private or public school.
- All parents will teach 175 days.
- High School Mentor Program requires that parents attend a mentor
meeting with the mentor during the summer.
- High School Mentor Program requires that families complete
and update the three high school forms noted on the Forms
and Fees page. These three forms are to be brought to the mentor
meeting during the summer.
- High School Mentor Program requires four MANDATORY Progress
Report meetings each year.
- High School Mentor Program requires quarterly samples of each
subject taught to be brought to Progress Report meetings. Staple a
copy of the updated on-line transcript (look for “Transcript” button on-line)
to each batch of samples.
- High School Mentor Program requires parents to study the High
Although your child is enrolled as a student in El Shaddai Academy,
which has a private school affidavit on file with the State of California,
ESA cannot guarantee anyone protection from harassment from legal authorities
or legal protection. ESA will not be held accountable for the outcome
of any contact by authorities. Therefore, we have a mandatory requirement
to hold Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
membership. No other legal insurance is acceptable.
Families that are enrolled in ESA receive a discount on membership.
If you are currently a member under a different group discount number
we require that you list your family name under our discount number.
Make sure your HSLDA membership is transferred to El Shaddai Academy.
Notify El Shaddai Academy of your family’s HSLDA number.